- Players start at the wall
- On the whistle, they skate toward the opposite side of the circle
- Next the transition into a backward skate around the circle
- Now it’s a 1 on 1 battle for the puck
- Quick start and transition to the backward skating
- Breakaway speed with the puck or strong back-checking
- Goalie should be out of the crease and playing their angles
I could see this being a good competition drill at the end of practice. You could also have them backward skate across the line or even skate chopsticks.