1. On whistle, Defense starts skating backward and Offense carries the puck in the zone
2. Offense tries to beat the D down the wall
3. Defense tries to cut off O and steal the puck
1. Defense needs to realize when to make move and push player outside
2. Offense needs to read defense and make play accordingly.
- If D goes toward the wall, cut it inside.
- If D leaves outside open, use speed to get around.
This is a good drill to help the Defense better understand when they are going to get beat and transition from backward to forward quickly enough to not allow the player to go around them.
1 on1 Sprints (Half Rink)
1 on 1 Half Rink