2. At the shot, Offensive player in that zone takes off with a puck
3. First offensive player must transition after shot and chases next player trying to stop them from scoring
1. Hard skating
2. Stickhandling and shooting
3. Quick transition from Offense to Defense
4. Chasing down a player from behind (backchecking)
This is a great drill to get the kids going on a slow night. It really focuses on skating, stickhandling and shooting as quickly as possible.
One of my favorite drills to do in practice. Backchecking is a huge part of the game.